For Mother's Day this year, our ward gave all of us a tomato plant. I wondered what I was ever going to do with just one tomato plant when we don't even really like tomatoes! I bought a hanging planter and planted it anyways. Then I was talking with Hauni one afternoon and she told me that she had been thinking about turning a little spot down by our patio into a small garden since the grass won't grow there.
BEFORE
She told me we could plant anything that we wanted and we would all just share what we grew. I decided that since I already had one tomato plant planted that I would buy the peppers that I would need to make fresh salsa this summer. OH, and a squash plant, because summer just isn't summer without a little squash! Hauni had bought some more tomato plants, a few pepper plants, some parsley & some basil to plant. We got up last Saturday morning and went to work gettting the weeds out & turning the soil to get it ready for planting. Hauni had to leave before we got the plants in the ground because she had some clients coming to get their hair done, so I put as many plants in the ground as I could, but we really overestimated the amount of space that we had. 

AFTER
We ended up with Seven hanging plants lining the underside of the deck. The parsley & basil, a jalapeno plant, a sweet marconi pepper plant, two strawberry plants and my tomato plant are all hanging in pots. 

ALL THE HANGING POTS
They are all growing so much and I already have strawberries, a tomato, and a jalapeno growing. I can't wait for everything to get big enough that we can really start to benefit from our hard work.

STRAWBERRIES
TOMATO
3 comments:
here is hoping that your gardening experiment works out well for you guys.
Good luck! hope you get lots of veggies out of your garden
That's awesome! I've always wanted to plant a garden! Maybe someday!
Post a Comment