Friday, November 7, 2008

Trick or Treat

So I have been slacking all week long, but I finally downloaded pictures from Halloween. We had so much fun this year. After work we went to my mom's house for dinner. She always makes chilli on Halloween so that we all have a nice hot meal before going out in the cold to knock on doors for hours. Thanks Mom, it was better than mmmmm good!!! So this year Chloe had a hard time deciding what she wanted to be for Halloween and we tried really hard to just let her choose since she is getting older and is at the age where she has a definite opinion. She just couldn't make up her mind. She wanted to Abby Caddabby from Sesame Street, but the only costume we could find was at Shopko and it looked really cheap but cost a lot of money and wasn't worth a lot of money, so I sent Grandma to the Disney store on a mission and she came home with the cutest Tinkerbell costume ever. I am sure that Chloe will love dressing up in it for a long time. Thanks Grandma you do good work!! I decided a while ago that when we had kids we were all going to dress up and go trick or treating as a family rather than sending my kids off to raise all that rucuss on their own, lets face it, even though I am all grown up Halloween is my favorite and I love trick or treating. I had a really hard time getting Andy to dress up this year. He kept telling me that he didn't really want to and we should just save the money from the costumes to use on other things (I am sure he had a game in mind). Finally at the last minute he changed his mind and we went on a mad hunt a week before Halloween. The only costumes that were left at Walmart were really scary and I didn't want Chloe to so scared of us that she wouldn't have fun so we bagged that idea and went to Kmart. We found these really hillarious costumes that inflate with a little fan in them. Andy was a little hesitant at first, but he finally got into it, and it was so much fun to hear everyone's seam ripping laughs as we walked by. We had so much fun and Chloe came home with more candy than her little bucket would hold. I am sure I will have to throw some away next year so that she will be able to use her bucket again.

2 comments:

Neika Boulter said...

You guys are too cute! Chloe looks so sweet! We can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving.....Notice I am leaving you a comment=)!

Neika Boulter said...

Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHLOE! Love you!!!