Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Best Friend's Wedding

What an amazing day 08.08.08...it was the opening day of the Beijing Olympics, but more importantly, it was my best friend's wedding day. Imagine a friendship that has outlived numerous lousy boyfriends, separations, lives going in different directions, babies, and everyday struggles. I have never met anyone like Jeni. She has been my right arm, my sister, my confidant, my friend, psychologist, and the best person I have ever known. She has been through many struggles and is still always there to help someone else even when she can barely take care of herself she is trying to do things to help others. We have been the best of friends since the day we met at school 16 years ago purely by chance. I like to say that it is pure fate thought brought her into my life. I didn't have a lot of friends in Middle School and when it came time to sign up for a locker for 7th grade I didn't have anyone to sign up with. This meant that I would just get assigned a partner for the next year. Being a shy person who doesn't make friends easy, I was terrified of who they would assign to be my partner. I got to school on the first day of 7th grade and met Jeni at my locker. Fate had not only assigned me a locker partner, but also my best friend for life.

Three years ago, Jeni had been in a really bad relationship and was having a baby. This would be another important turning point in our friendship. She gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and named him Addison. He is such an amazing kid. He loves everyone and brings a lot of joy to his mommy, which she is so deserving of having in her life. He has been such a blessing to her and she is a great mommy. I think that Chloe has a little crush of her own, and how could I not approve of a kid like that? This is what we caught them doing at the wedding.

A little over a year ago, Jeni finally met her "Soul Mate". She has been the happiest I have ever seen her, and he is so good to her! Jeni and Gabe were married yesterday and it was a beautiful day. I got to spend the whole day with her helping her get ready, doing her hair and make-up, laughing, remember the past years, and looking forward to many more. I am so excited for her and Gabe and I know that they are going to be happy for many years to come. I have been waiting for her to get rescued by her knight in shining armor for a long time, and it has finally happened. Thank you Gabe for making my best friend so happy and for taking such good care of her and Addison. I am so excited for you all of you!!

0 comments: